Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ludo?

This one was fun! I really enjoy making these characters, Im writing a great story for this one. I think the armor is waaaaayy to simple but I like the shape and the face. I dont want to overwork these I just want bang these drawings out.
I like drawing behemoth (Ive always wanted to use that word but I could never find the right time to use it in a normal conversation) creatures with sort of a soft side. Something about having the power to beat the crap out of someone but isnt a bully about it is respectable. I start to think, where or how did this character pop in my head? And it goes back to "Labyrinth" great movie it was art directed by the great Brian Froud. There was this one character called Ludo, he looked like he could beat the crap out of anyone but doesn't.